I really thought my love affair with pink-toned makeup would be over by now, but it’s still as strong as ever. This might be more than just a phase, guys. This might be the real deal.
If you’re in the market for a poppin’ date night makeup look (or dancing with the girls, or a cozy night in), in my opinion, you just can’t go wrong with a little rose gold glitter and hot pink lips…
1. This is optional, but normally, I curl my eyelashes before I start the eye makeup, just because I find my makeup gets smudged if I curl my lashes at the end. You can do this later or not at all if you don’t want to!
2. Apply a light, warm pink eye shadow to your crease and outer corner with a fluffy blending brush. I used the colour “Georgia” from the Too Faced Sweet Peach Palette.
3. Apply a mid-toned cool brown eye shadow to a smaller area of the crease and outer corner with a smaller, more precise blending brush. I used “Unspoken” from the Lorac Unzipped Palette.
4. Apply a burgundy shadow to an even smaller area of the crease and outer corner with the same small, precise blending brush. I used “Unbridled” from the Lorac Unzipped Palette.
5. Apply a rose gold glitter eye shadow all over the lid and blend out the edges. I used Stila Glitter and Gold Eye Shadow in Rose Gold and just used my fingers.
6. Apply the same dark burgundy shadow to the lower lash line with the same smaller blending brush.
7. Apply two coats of mascara.
8. Apply your face makeup as you normally would. For blush, I mixed a berry-toned and purple-toned blush together.
9. Apply a hot, watermelon pink lip colour.
- Lancome Teint Idole Ultra foundation in 230 Buff W
- Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Foundation in Light-Medium Neutral
- Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer in Neutralizer
- Kat Von D Lock-It Blotting Powder in Light
- Essence Luminous Matt Bronzing Powder in 02 sunglow
- Urban Decay Afterglow 8-Hour Blush in Rapture
- Stila Perfect Me, Perfect Hue in Medium/Tan (Mysterious blush)
- Becca Shimmering Skin Perfecter in Opal
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in Medium Brown
- Loreal brow gel in dark brown (discontinued)
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion
- Too Faced Sweet Peach Palette
- Lorac Unzipped Palette
- Stila Glitter and Glow Liquid Eye Shadow in Rose Gold
- Maybelline The Rocket Volume Express Waterproof in Blackest Black
- Ciate London Liquid Velvet in Fast Lane
This look would also look great with a warm pink/peachy nude lip colour. If you decide to go that route instead, use a warmer pink or peachy-pink blush to tie the whole look together.
Sigh…I just love rose gold so much. I should just dip my whole body in a tub of rose gold shimmer and be done with it.