I can’t be the only one who appreciates a good layer of glitter on the face. And let’s be honest, it’s not always the most appropriate for every day. But I can’t imagine a better time to bring out all the sparkles than the holidays.
This is my first makeup tutorial on the blog, so please go easy on me. It’s difficult to do makeup and be the photographer at the same time! I’m focusing mostly on the eyes which are undoubtedly the star of the show. (Also please ignore my frizzy hair, ever since I started dying it, styling it causes it to frizz out…)
1. Apply a cool-toned light brown or light grey eye shadow to your crease and outer corner with a fluffy blending brush (I used a Sigma E25).
2. Apply a darker cool-toned brown or dark grey eye shadow to a smaller area of the crease and outer corner with a smaller, more precise blending brush (I used a BH small pointed crease brush).
3. Apply a white or silver glitter eye shadow all over the lid and blend out the edges (I just used my fingers).
4. Curl eyelashes and apply mascara.
5. Apply your face makeup as you normally would, but I recommend using a deeper berry-toned blush.
6. Apply a deep, cool-toned red or berry lip colour.
- Lancome Teint Idole Ultra foundation in 230 Buff W
- Vasanti Wonders of the World Concealer Duo in Y2
- Kat Von D Lock-It Blotting Powder in Light
- Essence Luminous Matt Bronzing Powder in 02 sunglow
- Stila Perfect Me, Perfect Hue in Medium/Tan (Mysterious blush)
- Becca Shimmering Skin Perfecter in Opal
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in Medium Brown
- Maybelline Brow Precise Fiber Volumizer brow gel in Soft Brown
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion
- Kat Von D Shade and Light Eye Contour palette
- Stila Glitter and Glow Liquid Eye Shadow in Diamond Dust
- Maybelline The Rocket Volume Express Waterproof in Blackest Black
- NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Cruella
I love how this turned out! It’s definitely a glam statement look, but if you can’t pull out your inner disco ball during the holidays, then when can you? And I LOVE the Stila liquid glitter shadows, they are so beautiful. It really looks like you’re wearing diamonds on your eyelids.
Let me know if you’d like to see more makeup tutorials or if there’s anything you would like me to change for future posts!
2 thoughts on “Glittery Party Makeup Tutorial”
This is so pretty! I love glittery eyes.
Thanks so much! Yeah, I’m obsessed with glitter too 🙂